Ah, the annual escape to Cabo San Lucas. I must escape the clutches of Ohio winter every January, lest I go insane, and my locale of choice for the past 6 years has been Cabo San Lucas. Why? It’s warm, it’s much like California, there are whales, and it is quiet.
I typically come down the Cabo with some of my family, and we always have a bacchanalia that would rival the ancient Romans.
Oh, and in case you didn’t know:
Now you know.
Another big happening here in Cabo was the engagement photos! I am presently engaged to Ali, the boss, as of December, and we decided to knock out our glorious engagement photos outside The Cape here in Cabo San Lucas with a local photographer. We were happy with the results.
Redheads are winning these days people, I keep telling you.
Anyways, here are a few excellent establishments you should check out when visiting Cabo San Lucas.
• Hacienda has the best pulpo (Octopus) in Cabo. Stop in for perfect guacamole and Margaritas. Stay for the view.
• Toro is high-end dining with a cool atmosphere. It is a must stop on every trip.
• There are two points of interest at The Cape, a stunningly modern hotel in Cabo. First, is The Rooftop, which for my money is the best rooftop bar in Cabo. Second, is the breakfast. The french toast is absurd, and the buffet may be the best around. Skip Manta, their ludicrously overpriced dinner restaurant (go to Hacienda again).
• Featured on Guy Fieri’s Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, this little taco spot is a local legend. Pick up Arrachera tacos for $2/each and some Coronas for a cheap, delicious lunch.
• The “Smallest Bar in the World” is the perfect place to stop when walking around downtown Cabo. If you don’t want the fuss of the party joints, just stop here with a friend to pick up a quick Modelo on the run.