Look, in case you didn’t know, I am a die-hard Outer Banks (OBX) lover. I don’t know what to tell you – it’s the perfect vacation for me. No chain restaurants or businesses within 2 hours. No clubs. No BS. Limited people. Local seafood. The only thing you can do there is breathe. And relax. Drive your Jeep on the beach and then sit for a while. Surf. Spend time with family and friends. That’s the OBX in a nutshell. It’s the perfect retreat for friends, business partners, and family.
I try to go every year to the Outer Banks (Frisco, NC in particular). I grab a big, beachfront house. We stock the fridge. And we celebrate life.
Here’s my top 10 for the Outer Banks:
- Watching sunset at The Point in Cape Hatteras (You’ll need a 4WD car to get there, so get one).
- Hushpuppies at the Quarterdeck
- Apple Uglies at Orange Blossom
- Morning Coffee at Dancing Turtle Coffee Shop
- Going to Ocracoke, Howard’s Pub, and exploring Ocracoke (whole day adventure due to ferry)
- Grabbing drinks at Brew-Thru
- Buying local shrimp and tuna steaks at Risky Business (Wife is a pro tuna chef)
- Chatting up the fisherman at the Red Drum Tackle Shop
- Best sandwich on the island is at the Frisco Sandwich Co.
- Favorite beach is by Billy Mitchell Airport on Ramp 49 in Frisco
Oh, and highlight of this trip was, undoubtedly, my good friend James getting engaged. Congrats, big guy. Sam’s a keeper.