Ali and I had been intending to visit Seattle for the longest time. From the hiking, to the food, to the weather, to the water, it has always been a place we wanted to spend some time. Even more importantly, I have family there and my good friend and groomsman Mark lives out there (he left Ohio for rainier pastures, I guess).
Anyway, we secured a glorious AirBnb with our friends (and now travel buddies, Garrett & Breana) in Fremont, and explored Seattle’s finest for a week. From delicious food, ferries, hiking, swimming in freezing rivers, and Pike Place, we like to think we got a good taste (pun intended) of Seattle life.
I won’t make this a long post, as I’ll let the photos do the talking. However, here were some of our favorite things about Seattle.
- The Fish Toss at Pike Place Fish Market
- Cocktails at Canon
- Top Pot Donuts
- Hiking the Twin Falls Trailhead and Swimming in the ICE FREAKING COLD RIVER
- Rooftop Cocktails at The Nest (Another glorious Thompson hotel)
- The Ferry to Bainbridge Island and of course the Bainbridge Brewery on Bainbridge
- The Chihuly Exhibit at the Space Needle
- Sipping afternoon Rosé at The Grape Choice in Kirkland
- Glorious Soup Dumplings at the Din Tai Fun Dumpling House in Bellevue
- Cruising Lake Union in our little boat from The Electric Boat Co.
There is so much to do in Seattle that you frankly couldn’t do it all in a year, let alone a week. Guess it’s an excuse to go back.